Monday 21 August 2017
Position Vacancy - Head of Academic and Employment Programmes
HLC is a Category 1 multi-programme provider of high quality education and training programmes to all people, including those who identify as having a disability. It provides pre-employment programmes designed to prepare students for employment and programmes to provides stair-case graduates to higher educational qualifications
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, you will contribute to the overall performance of the business through participation in the Management Team. You will lead the delivery of HLC’s academic and employment programmes to meet or exceed stakeholder/funder expectations. As well as strong strategic leadership capability, this role requires analytical and inquisitive capability with a genuine interest in managing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships.
Below are key tasks for this role:
- Provide strategic leadership for the overall performance of HLCs academic and employment programmes. This includes planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation.
- Build and maintain effective and strategic relationships with key stakeholders including funders, employers, education providers, support agencies and appropriate government agencies.
- Manage and develop staff with a focus on creating high performing individuals and team.
- Manage delegated budgets ensuring that financial and physical resources are applied to achieve KPI’s and HLCs Strategic goals.
- Provide leadership as a member of HLC’s Management Team
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Teaching experience and a formal teaching qualification is essential
- Previous management experience in the education sector in New Zealand is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing government contracts in relation to service delivery (social and educational outcomes).
- Knowledge and experience in managing human resources effectively
- Ability to direct and lead staff to achieve pre agreed outcomes
- Superior stakeholder relationship experience
- Ability to read and plan for changes in government policy that effect HLCs funding and service delivery.
- Change management experience, particularly in relation to managing staff and clients
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- A focus on continuous improvement
In return you will be given the opportunity to be part of a high performing team in a company with strong values and a culture that welcomes diversity and collaboration.
To discuss the role in confidence, please contact Patrick Rennell, CEO on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Send your application for Employment form with CV and covering letter to our CEO at the email address below by Friday 4 August 2017.
PO Box 582, Levin 5540
Ph: 06 368 1095