Have you considered a career in the Health or Care Sector?
With the recent changes to the pay rates in the Care industry, it is now even more attractive to make yourself a career in this industry.
Health and Care Workers are compassionate and committed to supporting people with differing needs to achieve comfortable, meaningful lives.
If you are seeking employment in the health sector, want to make a difference, have the ability to work flexible shifts and have access to reliable transport, then talk to HLC about our Health Sector Training Programme for Work and Income benefit recipients.
- At HLC you will have a committed team of tutors and Employment Consultants focussed on your successful transition to employment.
- A 13 week, personalised, employment focussed course gives you access to individual and classroom based study where you can gain Unit Standards and Training in:
- Health and Safety - US 497
- Code of Rights - US 27140
- Infection Control - US 20826
- Food Safety - US 20666
- First Aid - US 6402 and 6401
- Report Writing
- Manual handling/hoist use
- Ageing Process, Dementia, Intellectual Disabilities, Challenging Behaviours
- Cleaning and Housekeeping
- Conflict Management
- Employment Skills, CV building and Interview Skills
- Must be receiving a benefit from Work and Income
- A Clean Police Record
- Restricted or Full Drivers Licence
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Lower Hutt HLC (Horowhenua Learning Centre)
Level 1, Queens Drive, Lower Hutt
Free phone: 0800 904 438