Nationally recognised qualification to maximise career and higher level employment in the Security industry
These courses are delivered from the following sites:
- HLC Lower Hutt Campus
HLC now offers the Level 4 course in our Lower Hutt Campus
The programme is designed for people who are interested in becoming team leaders in the Security industry
On successful completion of the course students will receive:
- New Zealand Certificate in Security Level 4
- Security Licence ( COA ) as issued by the Ministry of Justice
$4,360.00* plus CRC (Course related Costs of $428.00)
* Costs are indicative only
13 August 2018 - 12 May 2019 (39 weeks)
This course aims to provide you with comprehensive security and emergency response training designed to maximise career and higher-level employment opportunities.
The course content will include:
- Team Leader/Senior Security Officer Training
- Security related law and the legal system
- Operation of electronic security equipment
- Conflict Resolution
- Responding to emergencies and critical situations
- Protective Security & Managing Security
- Physical fitness
- Event Security
- To apply for this programme, a good command of English is required.
- Applicants must be 18 years or over, or reach the age criteria during the programme.
- Applicants must undertake a “Criminal History Check” to ensure they are eligible for a Security Licence ( COA ). A criminal conviction in the last seven years, or having been to prison, would most likely prohibit entry.
Where to from here?
On successful completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Security programme graduates will be qualified to seek employment with a wide variety of possible employers including NZ Police and Armed Forces, Department of Corrections, Fisheries Officers, Security Companies, Courts, Aviation Security Service, Parliamentary Security, Court Security, Cruise Ship Security, the Defence Force, or with any of the local and private security organisations.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.