Nationally recognised qualification to maximise career and higher level employment in the Security industry
These courses are delivered from the following sites:
- HLC Levin Campus
- HLC Lower Hutt Campus
- In partnership with UCOL at UCOL Palmerston North Campus
- In partnership with UCOL at UCOL Whanganui Campus
The demand for personal and property protection services is on the rise. So too, are the employment opportunities in the security and protection services fields.
Our programme is highly practical in all aspects of security operations with a focus on providing higher-level career and employment opportunities using the latest equipment and teaching methods.
The National Certificate in Security qualification is becoming the industry norm. It is now a standard requirement of security service contracts for government agencies and large companies with a nationwide presence.
On successful completion of the course students will receive:
- National Certificate in Security Level 2
- National Certificate in Security Level 3 - Site Security Strand
- Fire and Emergency Management Certificate
- Comprehensive First Aid Certificate
- Control and Restraint Certificate
- Security Licence ( COA ) as issued by the Ministry of Justice
Programme Fee for Levin (2016) - $4,241.72 plus CRC (Course related Costs of $442.40)
Programme Fee for Lower Hutt (2017) - $4280 fee plus CRC (Course related Costs of $442.40)
Programme Fee for Palmerston North (2017) - $4,315.05 plus CRC (Course related Costs $442.40)
Programme Fee for Whanganui (2017) - $4,315.05 plus CRC (Course related Costs $442.40)
Programme Start Date for Levin - 7 November 2016 - 4 August 2017
Programme Start Date for Lower Hutt - 20 February 2017 - 10 November 2017
Programme Start Date for Palmerston North - 20 February 2017 - 17 November 2017
Programme Start Date for Whanganui - 20 February 2017 - 17 November 2017
This course aims to provide you with comprehensive security and emergency response training designed to maximise career and higher-level employment opportunities.
The course content will include:
- Protective Security
- Security Employment Requirements
- Operation of electronic security equipment
- Use of walk-through and hand held metal detectors
- Emergency and Critical situations response
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with violence
- Fire extinguisher training
- Control and restraint training
- First aid
- Physical fitness training
- Paid Word Experience
- To apply for this programme, a good command of English is required.
- Applicants must be 18 years or over, or reach the age criteria during the programme.
- Applicants must undertake a “Criminal History Check” to ensure they are eligible for a Security Licence ( COA ). A criminal conviction in the last seven years, or having been to prison, would most likely prohibit entry.
Where to from here?
On successful completion of the National Certificate in Security programme graduates will be qualified to seek employment with a wide variety of possible employers including Aviation Security Service, Parliamentary Security, Court Security, Te Papa, Cruise Ship Security, the Defence Force, or with any of the local and private security organisation.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.