Gain knowledge to prescribe fitness programmes in HLC's NZ Certificate in Exercise Level 4
This course is delivered from the following site:
- HLC Levin Campus
HLC's NZ Certificate in Exercise Level 4 provides students with the knowledge to prescribe, deliver and adapt fitness programmes to both health clients and common at risk groups.
The learning programme involves tutorials, group based workshops, practical demonstrations in a gym and practical application in a gym.
This programme leads to students being recognised by the New Zealand Register of Exercise Professionals giving Graduates Personal Trainer Contractor Registration level.
Successful Graduates will be able to:
- Deliver Safe and Effective Exercise Programmes including Pre screening within own scope of practice and industry code of ethics.
- Apply knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology to deliver safe and effective exercise programmes to individuals.
- Adapt programmes for apparently healthy individuals and common at risk groups using exercise science testing.
- Apply motivational and and communication techniques to enhance individual participant commitment to a personalised exercise programme.
- Apply a health and wellness framework and evidence based nutrition principles to support a personalised exercise programme and recommend referral pathways to allied health professionals.
- Use marketing and business tools and techniques to support business practices as an exercise professional.
Graduates can be employed or self employed in roles such as: Exercise Consultant, Community Exercise Instructor, Team Exercise Instructor or Personal Trainer.
On successful completion of the course students will receive:
- NZ Certificate in Exercise Level 4
Programme Fee - $3197.00*
23 July 2018 - 30 November 2018
The course content will include:
- Exercise Programming - To provide students with the knowledge to prescribe, deliver and adapt exercise programmes to both health clients and common at risk groups.
- Health and Wellness - To provide students with knowledge of health and wellness frameworks. Incorporation of nutrition principles, wider allied health professionals and effective motivation and communication techniques to enhance commitment to personalised exercise programmes.
- Business Practice - To provide students with knowledge of how to apply marketing and business practices as an exercise professional.
- Students will need Literacy and Numeracy requirements of NCEA Level 2 or equivalent.
- Students must complete a Health Declaration form
Where to from here?
On successful completion of this programme graduates will be qualified to work as a Gym Instructor, Athletic Trainer, a Personal Trainer, Coach, Sport Co-ordinator (Schools), Sports Administrator & Recreation Co-ordinator.
*Costs are indicative only