1984 to present - the history behind HLC
- established in 1984 as a Youth Learning Centre under the umbrella of Manawatu Polytechnic
- originally situated at the southern end of the Adventure Park, Oxford Street, Levin
- following continued growth, the Centre was registered in 1994 as an Incorporated Society / Charitable Trust, in its own right
- in 1994 it was registered and accredited by New Zealand Qualifications Authority as a Private Training Establishment
- 1998 the premises at 152 Bath Street, Levin were purchased
- 2004 Electra Business Awards winner - Electra Kapiti-Horowhenua Business of the Year, Education Business of the Year and Excellent in Innovation award.
- in 2007 a second campus in Porirua was opened and operated there for three years. Most students attending the course were travelling from Wellington and the Hutt Valley, so it was decided to relocate to Lower Hutt in 2010.
- 2008 Electra Business Awards winner - Category winner for Sustainability, Winner - Past Masters Award.
- 2010 Lower Hutt campus established to deliver Security Training courses to the greater Wellington region.
- in 2011 the process began of completely rebranding the Horowhenua Learning Centre to the new "HLC" brand.
- At the 2011 NZAPEP Conference, the LH Martin Institute Leadership Award was awarded to HLC CEO - Malcolm Russell. For more information on this award click here.
- November 2011 - new HLC signs installed at front of the Bath Street campus in Levin.
- HLC now has an established reputation, and is one of the largest training providers on the Horowhenua-Kapiti Coast offering full time, part time and short courses to the community. For more information on the courses that we offer, please go to Courses & Programmes page.
For contact details go to Contact Us.